How To Setup Printer HP to Macintosh
How To Setup Printer HP to Macintosh OS X v10.5 – Installing the Product Software in Macintosh OS X v10.5 and Later for a Wired (Ethernet) Network Connection, The installation Product Software in Macintosh OS X v10.5 and then to Wired (Ethernet) Network Connections
The document describes how to install the print drivers and other software for your HP product for use in wired (Ethernet).
Read this if you are planning to installing the product software on a network computer with Mac OS X 10.5 or later operating system.
Important : Set up the HP hardware before installing the software. When your have not done so, find the Hardware Setup document for your product before completing the steps.
When your have more than one computer on the network, install the product software on each computer that you plan to share with the HP product.
Make sure your have the following items :
- One of the following types of wired access points or routers: Ethernet router, switch, hub, and a wireless router with an Ethernet port
- A computer connected to wired access point or router
- A Category 5 Ethernet cable to use for the HP product. (Do not use a standard telephone cable.)
The Ethernet cable – Phone Cord with (do not used),
Even though an Ethernet cable looks similar to standard telephone cable, each has a different connector and a different number of wires. Plug in an Ethernet cable (also called an RJ-45) wide, thick, and always has eight wires. Plug in phone cord is narrow and has between two and six wires.
Connect your HP printer to the network
- Remove the plug or protective cover from the Ethernet port on the back of the product.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the product, and then connect the cable end to an available port in wired access point or router.
- Connect the power cord to the product, and then plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Turn the product.
To decide whether to install with the product CD or download the software
Do not worry if your do not have the product CD! your can download the latest software provided for your product from the HP Web site at no cost. The following information can help your decide which installation method to use:
For a new product:
- CD installation is a quick and easy method.
- When your do not have the CD, your can download the software you need.
For an older product:
- CD installation might do not work if your install the product on a computer that is running the new operating system released after the HP product released.
- Downloading the software provides the best results for your older product. Although it takes more time than using the CD, downloading the latest software can help your avoid installation issues. Download is the recommended method if your computer operating system released after the HP product released.
The software on the CD this time for the product release date.
The software that you can download from the HP Web site is the latest software provided for your product. HP often updates software and drivers after the product and CD release to the market.
Install a software
To install the printer software, follow the steps for the method you want to use (CDs and downloads).
When your partitioned your hard drive, your must install the driver on the same partition as the operating system.