How To Setup HP Printer Driver Software For Mac OS
Setup HP Printer Driver for Mac OS
How to Setup HP Printer Driver Software for Mac OS – The document prevailing to HP printers supported operating system Mac OS X version 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), and 10:10 (Yosemite).
Run Apple Software Update
Run Apple Software Update on Mac to check for and install OS X as well as update the printer driver.
- Turn on printer, and be sure that it has paper in the tray.
- Connect your USB cable to a printer and a Mac, or be sure that printer is connected to a wired or wireless network.
- On your Mac, click on the Apple menu (), and then click Software Update, or click About This Mac, and then click Software Update. A listing provided updates display.
Depend version OS X, you may need to page refresh to view the latest listing of available updates. Click Save at the top of the menu bar, and then click on Reload page to update the listing. If no updates show, continue steps to add your printer to Printers listing.
4. Click Install and Update All to install the update.
Stage 2 :
Add your printer to the Printers listing
To ensure that your Mac communicate with the printer, add it to listing printers Mac.
- Click on Apple menu, and then click on System Preferences.
- Click the Print & Fax, Print & Scan, and Printer & Scanner, and then check if the show name of your printer in the Printers listing.
- To do the following, depends in whether printer is registered or do not:
- If your printer was listed, delete and re-add the printer to confirm communication with the Mac. Click the name of your printer, click on minus sign (), and then remove the printer. Once the printer is removed, click the plus sign (), click on Add Printer Scanner and, click the name of your printer, and then proceed to the next step.
- If your printer was not registered click the plus sign (), click on Add Printer Scanner and, click the name of your printer, and then proceed to the next step.
- If your printer was not listed in the Add Printer Scanner and windows, be sure that the printer is connected to a Mac with a USB cable, and that it is on a wired or wireless network the same with your Mac. See the frequently asked questions in this document to try to resolve problems connecting, and then try to add the printer again.
4. Click the Use and Print Using box, and then select your printer name in the pop-up menu.
5. Click the Add to add a printer to your list.
- If you are prompted to install the printer software from Apple, click on Download and Install to complete the installation.
- If the ‘Software is currently do not available’ message appears, click Cancel and then proceed to the steps in this document to download the driver from HP’s website (if available).
6. Close Print and Fax, Print and Scan, and Printer and Scanner window.
7. Try to print.
- If you can print, scan, and fax (depends on the model), you install the drivers and can now use your printer. If you want to know whether software and driver feature the complete package available that may have more options and settings, proceed to the next step.
- If you are unable to print, scan, and fax, or if you lose some of the printer functions with the Apple Software Update driver, the driver features a full download to your printer may be available from the HP website. Proceed to next step.
Download and install the full feature the HP printer drivers and software (if available)
A feature full Mac print driver for your printer may be available on the HP website.
- Turn the printer on.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if your already connected). When printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
- Go to the Drivers and Download HP.
- When Welcome to the HP support page opens, follow these steps:
- In the Enter a product name or number field, type your printer model or number.
- In the Question or keywords field, type drivers, and then press Enter, your may need to choose your printer model number from listing printer models are the same.
- In addition to the picture your printer, click the name of your printer.
- On HP support site, click Drivers.
6. Choose your operating system, and then click Next.
List of display drivers and other downloads.
7. Scroll down the page, and then click on Driver – Product Installation Software.
8. Click the Download next to the full-featured software and driver listed, and then follow the instructions to save the driver to your computer.Open the folder where the files are stored software (usually Downloads), double-click the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When your can download and install the drivers, you can now use your printer.
- When your unable to print, scan, or fax, or your directed to this document on pages Driver, good installation fails and printer may not be supported for Mac. See the frequently asked questions for additional information.