How to windows 8 printer setup network
Connecting the Printer on the Network – The other option to switch the printer on Windows 8 with network settings, which previously has been our clear how to setup a printer on usb.
windows 8 printer setup network
Here we continue explanation using a network or the Internet.
Connect the printer to your router.
Connect the printer to the network, will need to connect to the router in advance, either via wireless Ethernet. If using an older printer, can use the print server to allow the printer is connected to the network as well.
- Ethernet – Many printers can be connected via Ethernet to the router. It may be more practical if the printer and the router can be in the same general location.
- Wireless – The new printers usually have a built-in wireless, making it possible to connect to a wireless network in your home. Check the documentation for your printer and see specific instructions to connect to an existing wireless network.
Installing the printer software on the computer, if necessary.
some printers require you to install the software before adding the printer. Other printers will be automatically detected and then installed by Windows.
Search for a printer.
If the printer is connected, but it still does not appear, in case you can try to manually add it. This may be necessary for older printers that are not automatically detected by Windows.
- Open the Control Panel. Accessing the Control Panel by pressing Win + X and choose Control Panel.
- Select “Devices and Printers“. If in Category view, then click the “View devices and printers” link. The window will display all of your devices are connected.
- Click Add a printer. It is located at the top of the window.
- Select your printer from the list. The list of available printers may take some time to load.
- Verify if printer is not connected properly registered, have the right software installed, and is compatible with your computer as well.
Method we describe :
- Windows 8 setup a via usb
- Windows 8 setup home printer printer group