How to setup hp p1102w wireless for windows – Ease the work you manage anything related to the printer, some Probably the right things for the better in your home, office and suitable for business.
The document is for LaserJet Pro P1102w printer for Windows and Mac operation system. The document is explain how to install the print drivers and another software for You are printer to use it on the a wireless network. If You are have more than one computer on the network, install the printer software on each computer that you are planning to share the the printer.
How to install the by using wireless, USB and software are available using the printer is always more suitable for you, follow these steps below :
Step 1: Prepare for the Installation
You must have the following items before you install the printer on the wireless network :
Dont worry if you do not have all of the items yet! The HP Print and Scan Doctor can help you gather some of Reviews These items.
1. Gather the following items:
- The Network name: The network name is the SSID
- WEP key or WPA security passphrase
- A computer that is connected to the wireless network
- The Internet access: HP recommends broadband The Internet access Reviews such as cable or DSL
Accessing the Internet should not be for you to install the printer with a wireless connection. However, you need Internet access to use Web Services, get updates printer, download the drivers from the HP website.
Your wireless-enabled printers :
The place was close to the computer during the installation procedure
2. Make sure that the printers, routers, and computers as well as all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.
3. Then disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable that is connected to the printer.
4. Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, follow these instructions to remove the USB installation before continuing.
- Then Right-click the Start button () in the lower left corner of the screen, and then click Search.
- In the search box, type HP, and then click the icon for your printer. Open the printer software.
- Then click Utilities, click Printer Setup & Software Selection, and then click Configure Wireless.
- Also follow the onscreen instructions to complete the software installation. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, it is not necessary to continue the following steps.
HP Print and Scan Doctor :
Quickly diagnose and resolve many printing and scanning errors, network connection problems, and driver issues. Available for Windows XP and later. HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows ( Download )
Step 2: Connect to the wireless network
Use one of the following methods to connect to the wireless network.
Method 1: Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
If your wireless router supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), this is the simplest way to set up the printer on a wireless network.
This method requires a WPS-enabled wireless router to connect to the printer.
Press the WPS button on your wireless router.
On the printer control panel, press the Wireless button (). The wireless light starts to blink.
Wait up to two minutes while the printer establishes a network connection with the wireless router.
If the WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS) method is not successful, try another connection method.
Method 2 : Standard connection using a USB cable
If your wireless router does not support Wi-Fi-Protected Setup (WPS), you can use this method to set up the printer on a wireless network. Using a USB cable to transfer settings makes setting up a wireless connection easier. After the setup is complete, disconnect the USB cable.
- Insert the software CD into the CD drive.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted, select the Connect through a wireless network option.
- When prompted, connect the USB cable () to the computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer.
- When the installation is complete, print a configuration report to make sure that the printer has an SSID name. Follow these steps to print a configuration report : (Make sure that the Ready light is on and that the printer is idle and silent, Press and hold the Cancel button, and release it when the Ready light begins blinking, the Configuration Report prints.)
- When the Configuration Report prints, disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
You have completed the software installation. Do not perform any more steps in this document.
Step 3 : Download and install the software from the HP website
Follow these steps to download the software, and then install it. Important: If you get any firewall messages during installation, click unblock, accept, continue, yes, allow, or permit, or the installation fails.